Saturday, October 3, 2009

Unexpected awesomeness


So today... i got to go see my first college football game live. Ian, my roommate, and I were sitting around the house bummed because his appointment to see his house that he bought got canceled. So we didn't really have anything planned and then out of the blue a lady he goes to church with called him up and asked if we wanted tickets to the wake forest v. nc state football game. Of course for free who could say no. So he took off to Kernersville and picked up the tickets and our day was set.

It made me start to think about all the little things in life that the Lord gives us that we aren't expecting. It's a blessing to have things like that happen and they are seemingly happening more and more often. It might be that my eye to see them has become opened and I am able to see blessings as the come more freely. Whatever the case it was such a great thing to be able to spend sometime with Ian, who i rarely get to just hang out with. Our schedules are very opposite and when he's home I'm not so to get to just relax and go to a ball game was a lot of fun. NC State had a great day but all in all Wake Forest pulled it out to win by 6. It was a lot of fun!

I guess my brain is somewhat limited tonight with lack of a huge thought provoking question but one thing i challenge all who read this to think about...

What are some things that you haven't done anything to deserve and haven't been expecting that have shown up in your life and have you thanked the Lord for providing that?

Personally the beginning of my answer to that would be, no i haven't thanked him because i'm too busy being caught up in what i want to happen most times to see what's being given to me in the moment.

Anywho... heading to bed soon so i can wake early for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment